Sunday, November 6, 2011

DC Comics Armored Batman



















I wanted to make a different version of Batman and after viewing the DC Universe Online video game opeing sequence, I knew what direction I wanted to go in with the character. I feel the secret to a great Batman figure lies all with the cape, and I wanted it to be special. I commissioned a fellow co-worker of mine to hand make the cape using soft and supple material that flows very nicely but is way more opaque than the soft goods capes you get on store bought figures. She put a seam in the cape which allows for a simple length of craft wire to be inserted so that you can actually pose the cape in all sorts of ways and even get the classic "bat wings" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Feel free to let me know!